Friday, February 16, 2007

Riding Too Hard

I have started listening to Deepak Chopra, and he was talking about the close relationship between mind and body. Basically, our external reality is affected by our internal representation. So I thought I had it. I am enjoying myself tremendously!

I am learning so much every night. Watching videos online, writing my ebook, writing our story for the video on our wedding, getting regular exercise. I am having fun!

However, I have been pushing my body too hard. For the past week, my body had been showing signals. I had very bad eyebags. My eyes were swollen. It usually doesn't bother me. I don't care so much about how I look, but this time my eyes hurt.

I think I can only say that I have been trying to do too much, too fast. I am cutting on my sleep. I always wondered how successful people can stay awake for 20 hours a day. I guess I'v ebeen trying to accomplish that myself.

Unconsciously, I am walking faster, I am eating faster. I am filling up every second of my time I can fill with something useful. When I walk from Bukit Merah to my office, I am listening to an audio book. In bed, I am reading a book until I can't read any more. Every single moment, I must be hearing, watching or at least thinking something. Unconsciously, I think I must have been breathing faster, my heart must have been beating faster too.

So yesterday, my body finally gave in, and I felt a cold and sore throat developing. Went to see a doctor, infected sinus and throat.

Working at a faster rhythm is great, but I think we have to bear in mind our Human Dynamics too. I am a PE, and I need my natural rhythm. I do not think that increasing my rhythm is a problem, but I guess I need a slow acceleration, rather than a sudden spurt. So when I am home, what did I work on straight away? Slowing my breathing, taking a long rest in bed. My body deserves it. :)

No comments: