Sunday, January 21, 2007

Latest Influences...

Phew... It's been a tough week.

Been going down to site almost every single day last week, and OT almost every other day, hence too tired to do anything.

Good thing is that I have more time to read, and I have been reading mainly Isaac Asimov last week. Read Magic, a collection of fantasy short stories as well as articles by him on fantasy as a genre, and I found my inspiration in his writing.

Isaac Asimov? Fantasy? He talks mainly about the structure and idea of magic in stories, and explore that genre with a few formulaic shorts.

So it is quite interesting that the two movies I've watched for the past two weeks were Pan's Labyrinth, and The Illusionist. Both on fantasy. Reviews coming soon... I hope.

But anyway, I have gotten inspired to write. I shall be coming up with some soon. I hope this is the right place to share them.

Oh... just for fun, take a look at these videos. Incidentally, they are all from the same genre of fantasy. Please, take everything with a pinch of salt, especially my Christian friends. :P

No comments: